Yoga is for everybody. Whether you are inactive or a professional athlete, size and fitness levels do not matter because there are modifications for every yoga pose. The idea is to explore your limits, not strive for perfection. It is a great way to get in tune with your body and your inner self.
Yoga classes are available as private sessions, semi-private sessions or group classes.
What is Yoga?
Yoga is a healing system of theory and practice. It is a combination of breathing exercises, physical postures and meditation that has been practiced for more than 5,000 years. It is a great way to tune into breath, body and mind.
Yoga was developed up to 5,000 years ago in India as a comprehensive system for wellbeing on all levels: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. While Yoga is often equated with Hatha Yoga, the well-known system of postures and breathing techniques, Hatha Yoga is only a part of the overall discipline of Yoga. Today, many millions of people use various aspects of Yoga to help raise their quality of life in such diverse areas as fitness, stress relief, wellness, vitality, mental clarity, healing, peace of mind and spiritual growth.
Since the individual experience of Yoga is quite personal and may differ for each practitioner, there are a wide variety of approaches to its practice. Yoga has in recent times branched out in many new directions, some of which are quite different from its traditional emphases. All approaches to Yoga, however, are intended to promote some aspect(s) of wellbeing.
As a result, today’s practitioners have more options than ever as they seek to gain the most from the vibrant, ever-expanding field of Yoga.
Why Choose Us For Your Yoga Experience?
- Our yoga classes are open to and suitable for all levels.
- We offer a Hatha practice based on traditional postures.
- Our classes are a combination of a slow flow mixed with sustained postures focusing on proper alignment and breath.
- Our encouraging, fun and supportive teaching style will guide you through a relaxing yet rejuvenating class that will help develop increased flexibility, coordination, strength, and mindfulness.
- Our classes are small so you have plenty of space to move and the instructor can lead the class safely while keeping an eye on everyone.
- Our classes are NOT done in heated rooms which is safer and more sanitary for the practitioner.
Benefits of Yoga
- Increased flexibility
- Increased muscle strength and tone
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality
- Lessen chronic pain
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism
- Weight reduction
- Cardio and circulatory health
- Improved athletic performance
- Protection from injury
- Reduce insomnia
- Stress management
Classes are available in-studio and virtually.